There is a misleading, unwritten rule that states if a quote giving advice comes from someone famous, very old, or Greek, then it must be good advice.The lessons taught in great books are sometimes misleading.
An educated person is one who has learned that some proverbs and Quotes are almost incomplete and very often false, misleading, fictitious, mendacious - just dead wrong.
"A penny saved is a penny earned."
"Time is money."
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
"Rather go to bed without dinner than to rise in debt."
These are some of the quotes writen by Benjamin Franklin
Now, Benjamin Franklin was a Famous Philosopher but he was a great miser, which forced him to write such Quotes, most of his Quotes are related on money saving. Do you view a bug in these quotes !
Small minds discuss people
Average minds discuss events,
Great minds discuss ideas.
Principles Of Life
Stop and ask yourself today, "How do I really feel about myself?" Before you answer; read these ten principles.
Better yet, keep them before you daily.
(1) Never think or speak negatively about yourself; that puts you in disagreement with God.
(2) Meditate on your God-given strengths and learn to encourage yourself, for much of the time nobody else will.
(3) Don't compare yourself to anybody else. You're unique, one of a kind, an original. So don't settle for being a copy.
(4) Focus on your potential, not your limitations. Remember, God lives in you!
(5) Find what you like to do, do well, and strive to do it with excellence.
(6) Have the courage to be different. Be a God pleaser, not a people pleaser.
(7) Learn to handle criticism. Let it develop you instead of discourage you.
(8) Determine your own worth instead of letting others do it for you. They'll short-change you!
(9) Keep your shortcomings in perspective. You're still a work in progress.
(10) Focus daily on your greatest source of confidence. God Who lives in you!
HANDY LITTLE CHART God has a positive answer:
All things are possible
"I'm too tired"
I will give you rest
"Nobody really loves me"
I love you
(John 3:16 & John 3:34 )
"I can't go on"
My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
"I can't figure things out"
I will direct your steps
"I can't do it"
You can do all things
"I'm not able"
I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
"It's not worth it"
It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )
"I can't forgive myself"
I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
"I can't manage"
I will supply all your needs
I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)
"I'm always worried and frustrated"
Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
"I'm not smart enough"
I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)
"I feel all alone"
I will never leave you or forsake you
The first sentence is pretty powerful!
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go. Father, bless all my friends in whatever it is that you know they may need ! And may their life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as they seek to have a closer relationship with you. Amen.